Monday, June 9, 2008

Want to learn Python?


I've 'taught' myself Python... three times now: I end up using it for a few months, and then don't use it for a year+ At which point I forget most of it... (why I recently started my Python Wiki: If I write something down, I remember it much better...). In the midst of my third try now, I think it'll finally stick, mainly since Maya v8.5, they've enabled Python scripting (and I use Maya all day long...). I'm a big sucker for starting with the fundamentals when learning any subject, so I looked at a lot of books on Python before choosing 'the one'. 'The one' I settled on was "Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner". It does a great job for taking someone who knows nothing about Python (or programming for that matter) and by the end of the book, you're writing your own 'Asteroids' game. Recommended.

No comments: