Friday, September 19, 2008

Adobe ExtendScript

How... did I go this long without knowing about this?
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/bridge/ (go down to the 'Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit' section for download and docs)
I guess in the back of my head I've known about it, but a co-worker today showed it to me in action: From their web page:
"The ExtendScript Toolkit (ESTK) 2.0 is a development and debugging tool for JavaScript scripts included with Adobe® CS3 Suites and applications such as Bridge, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects. ESTK 2.0 is a new and enhanced version that allows you to create, edit and debug ExtendScript (Adobe's JavaScript language) all with an updated user interface, a new text engine, and the ability to debug more than one script at a time."
The cool part is the debugger, that lets you step through the code, and watch the results on the fly (in say, Photoshop). So yes, I must have been in a hole, but now, I've seen the light.

No comments: